Department of chemistry of tobacco, tobacco smoke, residues from pesticides and biochemistry
This Department makes chemical investigations of all tobacco types and products represented in the Republic of Macedonia, with the aim to determine their quality characteristics.
Main tasks of the Department are:
- Investigation of the chemical composition of tobacco and tobacco smoke
- Scientific-research work in the field of tobacco chemistry
- Study of the up-to-date analytical methods and development of original methods for analysis of tobacco and tobacco smoke.
Within the Department there is Accredited laboratory for investigation of chemical composition of tobacco and tobacco smoke.
Lab analyses are performed with recommended and recognized methods and in accordance with the international standards CORESTA, ISO and DIN.
The lab is authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Macedonia and is equipped with adequate instruments:
- Spectrometer PUUV/VIS
- Smoking machine Borgwaldt CRM 20
- CO/CO2 ANALYZER Borgwaldt C-24
- Apparatus for measurement and control of physical parameters of cigarettes
Научно истражувачки кадар